Join Bilbo Baggins for a whopping nine extra hours of special features in this Extended Edition of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, released on 11 November 2013. An even more exclusive import version of the extended film includes an impressive “Riddles in the Dark” sculpture of Gollum and Bilbo.
The first of three films adapted from J.R.R. Tolkien‘s prequel to the Lord of The Rings Trilogy, this installment marks the start of Bilbo’s epic quest to reclaim the lost Dwarf Kingdom of Erebor from the fearsome Dragon Smaug, withe help of 13 dwarves and the Wizard Gandalf the Grey.
The Blu-ray edition includes:
- * Commentary with Peter Jackson, Director/ Producer/ Screenwriter and Philippa Boyens, Co-Producer/ Screenwriter
- * The Appendices – A multi-part chronological history of the filming of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, covering pre-production in the various departments of the film in the months leading up to the start of principal photography, the boot camp training for the main cast, the work done on set chronologically through the three shooting blocks and in the world of its digital effects.
- A massive 38 featurettes (all in 2D)
Sculpture: Splash out on the imported version of this Extended Edition (available now in the US and Canada, or to pre-order in Germany) and Tolkien fans get this “Riddles in the Dark” sculpture of Gollum and Bilbo for their mantlepiece too; created by Gary Hunt of Weta Workshop, part of the team that worked on the film. The figurine measures 8″ wide x 5.25” deep and 7” tall.
- UK Pre-order: The Hobbit: Extended Steelbook [Blu-ray 3D]
- US Order: The Hobbit: Extended with Bilbo/Gollum Sculpture
- German Pre-order: The Hobbit: Extended 3D/2D with Bilbo/Gollum Sculpture
- Canada Order: The Hobbit: Extended with Bilbo/Gollum Sculpture