The second series (or “Mk II”) of the late ’70s UK cop classic The Professionals is coming to blu-ray later this month complete with a range of excellent bonus features.
As with the first series which was issued at the end of March, this is digitally restored to high definition from the original 1978 and 1979 film elements. The the new four-disc release contains all 13 episodes from the iconic series’ second season.
The blu-ray features new 5.1 Dolby sound mixes (as well as the original mono) and bonus content include the likes of television historian Andrew Pixley’s brand new and exclusive book detailing the show’s history and production.
The Professionals Mk II is released on 29 September 2014.
- • UK Pre-order: The Professionals: MkII [Blu-ray]
- • GERMANY Pre-order: The Professionals: MkII [Blu-ray]
- • Brand new, High Definition transfers and restorations from the original negatives
- • Brand-new, exclusive book written by archive television historian Andrew Pixley, fully detailing the history and production of series two
- • All episodes are presented in their original production order
- • Brand-new Dolby 5.1 mixes along with original as-broadcast mono and music-only tracks
- • Series Two Ad Bumper
- • Extensive HD image galleries
- • PDF material
- • English HOH subtitles